At ATB Financial, we put people first.
We've been doing it for more than 75 years. In that time we've grown from one small Treasury Branch to become the largest Alberta-based financial institution, with assets of $33.7 billion. Today, more than 5,000 team members help more than 662,000 customers in 242 Alberta communities make their dreams come true.
Like our clients, we're Albertans. Through a network of 171 branches, 130 agencies, and a Customer Contact Centre, we work beside them and with them in their communities, and we root for their success because it's our success too.
We're proud of what we do and we're proud of the people who help us do it. In 2013, ATB was named one of Canada's 50 Best Employers by MacLean's magazine in partnership with Aon Hewitt, one of Alberta's top 65 employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Young People by Mediacorp Canada Inc one of Canada's Passion Capitalists by Knightsbridge, and one of the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in Canada by Achievers.
To learn more, visit us at www.atb.com, @atbfinancial or www.facebook/ATBFinancial.
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Coach of the Year. Magnificent Mentor. Visionary. Motivator. Team Player. Whether at work or out in your community, you are the person that knows how to bring it all together. You’re a natural leader and your passion and excitement comes from knowing that your efforts make a significant difference in the lives of your team members, customers and the community around you.
Assistant Branch Manager
At ATB, thinking outside the box is what we do best. As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will bridge the gap between sales and service while remaining accountable for the execution and sustainment of risk and compliance controls within the branch. Successful candidates will collaborate with the Branch Manager and use their experience to cultivate exceptional customer experiences and build market share. You would contribute to ATB’s success by creating long-term value for our customers, our people, our shareholders and the wider community.
Finally, you get to shake things up and make your branch THE place to work by leading and developing a team of performance driven associates to individual and team success. Just like a ship, every captain needs a first mate - and that is you! The ideal candidate strives for excellence, is a natural motivator, and a spontaneous positive risk-taker.
OK, I'm interested But is it really the job for me?
There is a clear promotion structure within ATB Retail Financial Services. From Assistant Branch Manager you can move on to a variety of roles within the organization. At ATB we want you to work and live where you want to and maximize the amount of control you have over your own career and income.
You will find success in this role by:
· Coaching the development of skills and confidence to create a performance driven environment where your team has the knowledge and expertise to identify customer needs and generate quality leads
· Consistently improving branch revenues and profitability
· Managing risk to enhance long term business growth
· Developing plans to actively grow and retain the customer base within your branch
· Addressing customer feedback in a timely manner
· Hiring and recruiting the right DNA while being able to hand-pick talent
· Leading, coaching and developing your team to be productive, knowledgeable and in charge of their careers
· Building yourself as the center of influence in your community and a local advocate for customer service and business practices
· Having fun while becoming a credible expert within your team
As the ideal candidate you possess:
· An ability to understand business drivers and the ability to act on it
· Ability to create a clear vision
· Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
· Business degree or diploma or equivalent experience
· A track record of successfully managing risk and compliance issues
· Coaching and leadership experience
· Sales Training programs or equivalent experience would be an asset
· Knowledge of personal lending services and products
· 5 - 7 years financial services experience.
That’s what you bring to the table. What can we offer you?
Saying we’re an award-winning employer that offers an attractive benefits and compensation plan doesn’t set us apart from the other guys (though we are, and do offer those things What does set us apart is the range of career and advancement opportunities rarely found west of Toronto—thanks to having our head office right here in Alberta. As such, our Assistant Branch Managers have direct access to:
A range of leadership programs
Like doing things differently, because you know different often translates to success? Then send us your resume and we’ll talk.
Advancement. Opportunity. Balance… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Shawn Fillier, Branch Manager at 780 674 8467 or at email@example.com. [Note: please apply using our online system and not the contact's email address].
For information on communities where ATB thrives, please visit http:www.atb.com/contact-us/Pages/branch-locator.aspx
Req. Code : ATB0024-43TS
Division/Department : Retail Financial Services
Job Grade : J
Click here to apply for this job
Career Level: Management
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Financial Services