The Speech Language Pathologist II is an integral member of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team. This position is responsible for the management of patients with swallowing and communication difficulties in a challenging and exciting environment. The incumbent has the opportunity to influence practice through the provision of education and consultation services to the interdisciplinary team and supervision of students and therapy assistants. Travel will be required to schools in and around Barrhead.
- A Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology and current registration with the Alberta College of speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA) are required.
- BCLS-HCP certification is also required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated problem-solving, planning and organizational skills are essential.
- Experience with dysphasia is preferred.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience working with children and experience working with SLP Assistants.