Rehabilitation Care Worker
AEH BIHC LTC NU/Res Unit
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Alfred Egan Home - At
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 19.19 per hour Maximum: 24.02 per hour
Nursing - Aide, Rehabilitation/Therapy
As a member of a Community Rehabilitation Team, the CRW will provide daily personal care and support for participation in community activities for people with disabilities. Teamwork with colleagues and other professional staff is essential. With the supervision of the Community Rehabilitation Team Leaders the CRW will help individuals meet their goals as described in the lifestyle plans. A major focus of the position is the maintenance and improvement of the quality of life of individuals.
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience. Consideration will be given to adult upgrading equivalents.
- Basic Skills Training Program must be completed within 12 months of commencement or services will be terminated.
- CPR and First Aid to be completed within 12 months of commencement.
- Rehabilitation Certificate (1 year); post secondary education in human services is desirable.
- At least six months in Human Services field, volunteer activity considered.
- Ability to advocate for and promote inclusion in community life.
- Ability to work with people in a health care environment with professionalism and respect.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with a wide variety of people.
- Proven organizational, time management and sound decision making skills required.
- Proven initiative and motivation required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including report writing for specified tasks and incidents.
- Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Statement (PDS) for the position.
- Flexible, reliable and dependable.
- Ability to safeguard Alberta Health Services information as private and confidential.
- Ability to follow and adhere to Alberta Health Services's policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Genuine interest in working for persons with disabilities.
- Ability to be a solid listener who goes out of their way to explain and resolve any concerns or problems presented within the department with the understanding - that every individual has a different personality.
- Computer skills required. Ability to access and proficiently use Microsoft Word and Excel programs Ability to provide a positive and friendly approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to work effectively independently, and within a team, effectively managing his or her time and setting priorities when faced with multiple tasks and deadlines over a period of time.
- Ability to learn and receive constructive criticism.
- Demonstrable problem solving and conflict resolution skills/training.
- Proven ability to cope with stress and deadlines in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to motivate individuals.
- Ability to function independently and perform a variety of residential tasks.
- Ability to model and maintain a positive attitude for individuals served.
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Healthcare and Medical Services
Job Function: Healthcare Services and Wellness