The Environmental I performs a variety of duties that follow established cleaning and disinfecting procedures and protocols, which is associated with routine cleaning and disinfecting of clinical and non-clinical healthcare environments in accordance with AHS standards and practices. The position performs a wide range of routines which may include the use of industrial equipment. The position uses a limited scope for decision-making generally applying standard work methods under supervision.
- Grade 10 or recognized equivalent.
- Basic working knowledge in the use of a computer.
- Previous related experience in a commercial organization is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to follow and adhere to AHS and department policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Reliable and dependable; cooperative, interested in work, well organized, accurate, and alert, able to work in a changing environment.
- Continually promotes positive staff morale and effective working relationships, projects a positive image.