The Pharmacy Assistant performs routine functions related to the distribution of pharmaceuticals. Responsibilities include: accurate stocking of medication carts, receiving Pharmacy Department orders, prepackaging medications using various methods including automated and computerized devices, data entry and filing. In addition, this position will maintain communication with internal and external customers and professionals. This position requires accurate data entry, record keeping, and delivery of pharmaceuticals. All tasks and duties require motivation, self-direction and minimal supervision. This position includes physical exertion, particularly walking.
- Grade twelve diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous and relevant work experience or training in the field of pharmacy preferred. Related course work an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical and medical nomenclature.
- Relevant and applicable experience in an automated computerized distribution system.
- Familiarity with Meditech and other PC based software programs an asset.
- Must be accurate, reliable, precise, cooperative, self-motivated and able to demonstrate effective service attitude.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Shift work involving days, evenings, holidays and weekends, which may include multiple sites.