CZ RD REG HOSP Transcription
Posting Open Date:
Posting Close Date:
Cent. Ctr for MH and Brain Inj - At or Out of
Temporary End Date:
Hours Per Shift:
Length of Shift Cycle:
Shift Per Cycle:
As Per Rotation
Rates of Pay:
Minimum: 25.96 per hour Maximum: 31.57 per hour
Perform medical transcription under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Cenral Zone, Health Information Management, Dictation, Speech Recognition, Transcription Services. Medical transcriptionist duties include the interpretation and transcription of dictation by physicians and other health care professionals to document patient care and facilitate continuity of health care services, related medical transcription functions and other clerical duties as required.
Please note that this is a teleworking position.
- Grade 12 required.
- Graduate of recognized medical transcription program.
- Accurate keyboarding skills required.
- MS Office required.
- Knowledge of windows based PC environment/applications/network environment required.
- Medical terminology/medical transcription experience/skills required.
- Previous experience in health care environment preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, clinical medicine, surgery, diagnostic tests, radiology, pathology, pharmacology, and various medical specialties.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including English language usage, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Ability to understand diverse accents and dialects and varying dictation styles.
- Ability to use designated reference materials.
- Ability to operate designated computer based word programs, dictation and central transcription equipment and other equipment as specified.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make mature judgments, communicate effectively and promote positive working relationships and work as a team player.
- Ability to concentrate, attention to detail.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet established departmental turnaround times.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- Excellent eye, hand and auditory coordination.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Minimum transcription speed of 60 wpm.
- Recent experience on current applications.
Career Level: Experienced
Industry: Healthcare and Medical Services
Job Function: Healthcare Services and Wellness