Our engineering consultants provide an extensive range of services including both contract and permanent hiring solutions, which we deliver from coast to coast and across all industries. Working closely with clients and candidates alike, Randstad Engineering provides specialized engineering, technical, construction and manufacturing staffing and recruitment services to Canada’s top organizations.
Randstad Engineering focuses on the following areas:
Architectural - Commercial, industrial, institutional, interiors, residential, and retail.
Construction - Commercial & industrial (ICI heavy civil, institutional, mechanical & electrical, and roads & highways.
Consulting Engineering - Building sciences, building services, environmental & geotechnical, municipal, structural, and transportation.
Manufacturing - Aerospace, automation, automotive/ off road vehicles, building materials, electronics, equipment & machinery, and food & beverage.
Natural Resources - Energy, mining, oil & gas, and pulp & paper.
Estimator (Mechanical) - Whitecourt or Grande Prairie 272515)
Location: Grande Prairie or Whitecourt, AB
The estimator is an important member of our team. Our estimators contribute to the development of an overall cost strategy and execution plan. Estimator responsibilities include preparing bids and assisting with contract negotiations, preparation of tender submissions, pre-construction conceptual estimates and project schedules.
Key Responsibilities for the Estimator:
- Participate in full cycle preparation of tender submissions, pre-construction conceptual estimates and project schedules for review by the construction manager.
- Work with corporate and project management teams to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, and techniques.
- Obtain, review and compile subcontractor quotations. Advise of changes in subcontractor information for file update.
- Prepare initial cost summary for project.
- Provide technical assistance on negotiating contracts.
Preferred Estimator Education and Experience:
- 5 - 10 years oil and gas construction industry experience, including hands-on field experience.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in industry standard estimating software, as well as MS Excel, MS Project and Primavera.
- Experience in producing both small and large plant facility cost estimates and plans.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, organizational and problem solving skills
Estimating (Must Have)
Mechanical (Must Have)
Accubid estimating software (Nice to Have)
Click here to apply
About Randstad Canada
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.
As a key player in the recruitment and staffing market, Randstad Canada provides unrivalled expertise in matching Canada’s top talent with the most sought after Canadian employers. Through our network of over 85 branches across 7 provinces, we offer fully bilingual solutions and operational excellence by meeting the unique needs of our clients and candidates across the country. We have helped employers fill more than 40,000 positions in diverse industries.
Randstad around the world
Randstad is the second largest HR services provider in the world, generating annual revenues of more than $27 billion. Randstad services more than 45 countries, with 28,000 corporate employees working from 4,300 branches, and employs over 450,000 people every day.
Industry: Recruitment and Staffing
Job Function: Skilled Trades and Labour